It is widely known that moving is one of the most overwhelming times in your life. Many people stress over packing, staging their home, or the moving process as a whole. But maybe you don’t have to! We’ve created a list to help you stay relaxed and calm on your move in day.
How To Stay Calm on Moving Day
- Make a list of things that need to get done. This will help you feel more organized. Having your tasks written down along with time slots will help give you structure on move in day and you will be less inclined to waste time. This will also help you from trying to do too many things at once.
- Start budgeting out all moving expenses. This is a tip you can use throughout the entire moving process not just on moving day. The average cost of a move is between $2,300 – $4,300. Money is an added stressor for most so budgeting out this process will definitely relieve some stress and give you an idea of how much you might spend.
- Be sure to secure movers for this day. Moving experts know what it takes to bring a big move to a successful ending. They will help you move whatever is heavy, flimsy, and everything in between. They also take a large chunk of moving stress off of you.
- Continue with your regular workout. You may consider moving to be your workout for the day but even a 30 minute walk, cycle, or jog can give you the energy and motivation you need for the day ahead.
- Be mindful of your self care. Be sure you are getting a good night’s rest and eating well-balanced meals. It’s also important to do something that relaxes you. This might include practicing yoga, reading a book, or playing games. Prioritizing time for yourself will only put you in a better mood to tackle the long day ahead.
Contact Ramsey’s Moving Systems
Contact us today for more information!