If you have recently moved into a new home, congrats! We know how overwhelming the process can be. The best thing about moving is having a new space and organizing it the way you enjoy. But after some time it can be hard to keep your house looking organized and tidy the way it once did after the move.
We decided to come up with a few tips to help you keep your home in shape after a move.
How To Keep Your Home Clean
- Become aware of your cleaning habits. Are you the type of person that cleans a little every day? Do you often shove everything under your bed and closet because if you can’t see the mess – it’s not really there? Once you become aware of your cleaning habits you can slowly make adjustments to improve. You can start by going through the things that you would normally store under your bed or closet and analyze if you really need these items. If you do, then it’s time to find a proper place in your home for them.
- Start with change at the front door. Try leaving your shoes at the front door and you’ll notice a lot less dirt being tracked around your home. You can get a shoe rack or a shoe tree to help keep your shoes organized.
- Start your mornings with organization in mind. Try making your bed as soon as your wake up – this will help your room feel a lot more put together. Then you can venture into your living room and dining room to pick up any leftover clutter from the previous night. This starts your day on a high note and saves the clutter from becoming unmanageable.
- Try making it point to put an item away after you use it. This simple effort may not seem like a big deal but this habit will save you time in the long run. It will keep all your items in their designated space rather than letting clutter build up.
- Go through your fridge at the end of every week. This will help you keep track of what groceries to buy for the following week, keep your fridge organized, and help you remember to get rid of any leftovers that have been shoved to the back of your fridge.
- Make a cleaning schedule and stick to it. Find a day of the week that works best for you to do your cleaning. This should include vacuuming, mopping, dusting tabletops, washing sheets, clothes, and blankets, and cleaning any additional clutter that you did not get to throughout the week. Having this routine will help you keep all floors and tabletops looking clean and dirt-free. It will also keep you from having a laundry pile up over a long period of time.
Contact Ramsey’s Moving Systems
If you’re looking for help on an upcoming move, consider Ramsey’s Moving Sytems. We are able to help with residential moves, in-home moves, and unpacking/packing services. If you are trying to keep your home organized but seem to have too much clutter, Ramsey’s also has a junk removal service, and a storage unit to help. Contact us today for more information.