Moving can be overwhelming and half of the stress comes from packing! Packing can be confusing and time consuming. If you find yourself procrastinating, it’s probably because you don’t know where to start. We’ve created a list to help you free your mind from the worries of packing.
Get a Jump Start on Packing
To start, decide what you want to come to your new home and what you want to get rid of! This won’t only help you get rid of unwanted clutter, but it will also give you an idea of what needs to be packed. Once this is sorted you should start to pack things that are already packed away.
- Start with items that are already in storage. Whether this is in your garage, a storage unit, or a closet, these items are often already in boxes! This cuts down half of your packing time and these items aren’t being used on a regular basis, anyways.
- Move onto items in your house that aren’t commonly used, including artwork, decorations, and fine china. You probably aren’t hosting any fancy dinners or having many guests over during this time. These items are often neglected when packing and this way you won’t forget them!
- Packing off-season clothing and extra linens at the beginning of the packing process gives you more time to focus on more regularly used items.
- Pack away books and magazines you won’t be using during this time. Be sure to return any books that are borrowed so they don’t get lost during your move.
- Lastly, pack up your essentials. This includes kitchenware, toiletries, and remaining clothes. Don’t forget to pack a suitcase of things you will need for the first few days in your new home. This will help make your moving process seamless!
Contact Ramsey’s Moving System
At Ramsey’s we understand how overwhelming packing can be. For this reason, we provide the service of packing & unpacking, as well as junk removal!
Contact us today for more information on your move!