As we dive deeper into the technology age, we have so many smart products to choose from. Many of these smart products are great for homeowners and renters looking for more utility out of their devices. But it can be hard to know where to start.
For those just starting out, the best place to start is with one or two devices and then build from there. We got the breakdown of the top products to choose from. Let’s take a closer look:
Must-Have Smart Home Products
As we get closer to the holiday season, these are some great gift options for any friends or family members that have recently moved, are planning to move soon, or simply do not have these items.
- Smart home assistants are a great place to start when it comes to smart home products. Smart home assistants have grown in popularity and function, and are often the first thing people invest in when starting to join the smart home product wave. There are plenty to choose from, including Amazon Echo, Google Home, and Apple HomePod.
- Smart lightbulbs are often used and paired with your smart home assistant. You can tell your home assistant to turn on or off the lights in another room and you can change the color of the light being emitted. These lightbulbs are normally found on Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart.
- A smart home security system can be found in many American homes today. Most home security products are wireless or minimally wired, and many function without a monthly subscription plan. Two great options are the Ring Alarm Security Kit and the SimpliSafe Home Security System.
- Smart doorbells are becoming more popular. A smart doorbell device allows you to see and communicate with the person standing outside your door. A few that are available are Arlo Video Doorbell, Eufy Video Doorbell, and Ring Video Doorbell Pro.
- To complement your smart doorbells, you can pair them with smart door locks. These locks allow you to lock and unlock your front door from anywhere. You can now ensure that your doors are locked if you think you forgot, easily let the dog-walker in, and unlock the doors when you’re unloading a lot of groceries and don’t have an extra hand for a key. Some options to choose from are SimpliSafe Smart Lock, Wyze Lock, and Nest x Yale Lock.
- Smart thermostats help regulate heating and cooling in your home for energy efficiency and lower bills. You can turn down the heat when you get to work and turn it back on when you leave, saving you money and coming home to a warm home. Some that are available are Honeywell Home, Lux Kono Smart Thermostat, and Nest Learning thermostat.
Contact Ramsey’s Moving System
Buying a house is stressful and trying to figure out the right smart products can add to that stress. The best part about smart home products is they can be easily moved. Ramsey’s Moving Systems can help with making the moving process less stressful and seem more attainable. From storage spaces to long-distance moves, Ramsey’s will be looking out for you. Contact us today.