A lot of people have trouble feeling at home when they move into a new place. This feeling can persist even after the moving boxes are unpacked, the walls are decorated and the fridge is full of your everyday foods.
How To Feel At Home in Your New Place
Most people experience this feeling if it is their first time moving out, if they are renters, or the decoration taste is far from your own. This can be an uneasy feeling so we created a list to help!
- Hang art and decorate with items that reflect your style. This will help you feel more at home. According to The Telegraph, art can reduce stress and make you feel happy. Hanging art in your house helps express your individual personality and interests within your space.
- Display some items from your childhood home, or that remind you of your childhood home. A lot of us think of our childhood house as the epitome of what “home” really is. You may never be able to create the feeling of your childhood home but seeing familiar items will definitely help.
- Keep your new place tidy. You know how great and refreshing it can feel to get into a bed with fresh sheets or to walk in a room that has been recently vacuumed. Your physical space is usually a reflection of your mental state. If your physical state is nice your mental state might start to feel better.
- Hanging a few hooks can be helpful in any room. This is an easy way to fill space with hats, aprons, coats, towels, necklaces, and more. This will help declutter your space and feel more full.
- Fill your new place with cozy furniture. The more comfortable you are, the more at peace you will feel.
- If you are really struggling maybe it’s time to think about adopting a pet. Home is where the family and love is. Adopting a pet is an addition to your family that is known to make us happier and healthier. Nothing says “you’re home” more than an excited furry friend to greet you every time you walk through the door.
- There are very few things that make a house feel less inviting than the lack of light. Try adding extra light around the house while ensuring your existing light emits warm temperature shades of white and yellow.
Contact Ramsey’s Moving Systems
Ramsey’s Moving System can help with the moving process! We offer a packing & unpacking service as well as a junk removal service so your house can feel more like a home in no time.
For more information, contact us today!